The Associated Press has updated its report on cellphone service in the Boston area after the explosions at the Boston Marathon. After initially reporting that cell service had been shut down, the AP now says that it is working with heavy traffic. From the latest report:
A law enforcement official, citing an intelligence briefing, said cellphone service had been shut down Monday in the Boston area to prevent any potential remote detonations of explosives.
But officials with Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel said there had been no such requests.